[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ 露天論場 forum ] [ FAQ ]

marius et Jeannette, 1996

這篇文章是由derhong 寄出的
17, mars, 1999, 22:11:38

I went to see Marius et Jeannette (1996, Robert Guediguian) last night.

It is a sweet film about the love between a widow and a widower and people surrounding them set in a deserted neighborhood in Marseilles, a sea port in southern France.

Unlike most french movies, which either equal to Parisian movies or equal to heritage movies, this movie describes the bitter-sweet life of working class. Actually, it reminds me a Hong Kong movie in which the son travels through time back to his father's era and experiences the life of a good old neighberhood. Yet the subject is different, in the Hong Kong film, it's more about the complex and tensin between son and father. ( Someone commented that this Hong Kong film is a copy of Back to the Future). This film is more about the demend for love even when one suffered from love or from lost of love several times.

It's not a GREAT movie like Titanic, as I said, I feel it's more like a Hong Kong movie. One genre of Hong Kong movies describe the daily life of Hong Kong citizens in a dramatic, flavored way. It's easier to resonant with audience. On the other hand, Taiwenese new cinema prefer the aliened, cruel way. It's absoulty more serious but not every audience can appreciate it. Taiwenese new cinema has shifted from popular culture to elite art, which is not good for movies in general.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup
姓名
電子信箱
標題
本文
P.S.(以下可留空白)
附網址
附網站名稱
附網站名稱

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ 露天論場 forum ] [ FAQ ]